Applied Sustainable Development
APPLIED SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Groupe Rousseau Lefebvre’s mission is finding practical applications of sustainable development in landscape, urban planning, and land use projects. We distinguish ourselves by our commitment to link urban design to environmental, economic, social and cultural interests.
Leaders in Applied Sustainable Development, we constantly improve and innovate to achieve our goal; creating visionary and original projects:
- Accredited in R&D for several years
- LEED certification / design
- SITES certification / design
- Former member of the Board of the Quebec Society of Phytotechnology
- Designers of the first eco-centers in Quebec
- First design firm to earn a “Phenix of the environment” for the creation of an ecosystem
- Instructors and lecturers of the new sustainable approach to stormwater management of the MDDELCC
- Initiators of the eco-citizenship concept in the design of schoolyards
- Authors of several reference books for, among others, the CMHC, the MDDELCC, the City of Quebec
IMPROVING THE ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT OF AN ORGANIZATION
Today, we are helping site managers to create, develop and manage infrastructures in a sustainable way. We go beyond firsthand economic considerations of construction; we integrate within the equation; the value of ecosystem services, the economic benefits of an environmental image and the lifespan of the equipment put in place. We offer monitoring services that measure the environmental impact of our actions in order to provide to our customers a clear picture of all the benefits of their project.
Sustainable development is more than just the choice of environmentally friendly materials. It is a multi-criteria approach to planning, more profitable in the mid and long-term and beneficial to the whole community. After nearly 30 years, our desire and ability to create sustainable projects not only remains strong, but is growing every day through research and interactions with a wide range of satisfied clients.